Subscribe to Computing Intelligence

Monday, April 6, 2009

Some Monday Morning Words of Wisdom

"Cocaine habit-forming? Of course not. I ought to know, I've been using it for years." - Tallulah Bankhead, American actress, 1903-68

"God has been replaced, as he has all over the West, with respectability and airconditioning." - Imamu Amiri Baraka, American poet, 1934-

"Does history repeat itself, the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce? No, that's too grand, too considered a process. History just burps, and we taste again that raw-onion sandwich it swallowed centuries ago."
"Love is just a system for getting someone to call you darling after sex."
- Julian Barnes, English novelist, 1946-

Also, in my last instalment of quotations, I asked if anyone could guess who the David Bailey quotation reminded me of (plus, the fellow's name makes me chuckle since it is also the name of the head of the U of T physics department). Well, no one did guess, so I'm just going to tell you... Gob Bluth! I hope I'm not the only person around here who sees references to Arrested Development everywhere (even when the 'reference' was said decades before the show aired...).

0 comments: