Subscribe to Computing Intelligence

Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Return of Quotations

It has been some time since I regaled you with snippets of thought from people more consequential than I. It is time to remedy the situation.

"Women love scallywags, but some marry them and then try to make them wear a blazer." - David Bailey, English photographer, 1938-

"Money, it turned out, was exactly like sex, you thought of nothing else if you didn't have it and thought of other things if you did." - James Baldwin, American novelist, 1924-87

"It is unfortunate, considering that enthusiasm moves the world, that so few enthusiasts can be trusted to speak the truth." - Arthur James Balfour, British Conservative statesman and Prime Minister, 1848 - 1930

"If I'm not a genius, I'm done for." - Honore de Balzac, French novelist, 1799-1850

After reading the remark by David Bailey, I wonder if any of my readers can guess who it makes me think of. As a hint, it is a character in a television show I have referenced before.

0 comments: