Subscribe to Computing Intelligence

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pseudo-self-promotion

Through my internet wanderings, I have been made aware of a blog contest by a group called 3 Quarks Daily. They are currently looking for science submissions (with nominations ending June 1st). I am posting the link to the contest partly to help them promote it (they asked for bloggers to do so, and I think it sounds like a neat contest), but also partly for my own self-interest. After all, I write a blog (ostensibly) about science. So, in flagrant self-promotion, if any of my readers think I have done a wonderfully grand job of writing about a particular science topic within the last year, I would be very flattered to be nominated (they also allow self-nomination, which I am not above doing. So, even if you don't feel like nominating me but have some strong feelings about previous posts, feel free to send me an email letting me know what your favourite/least favourite posts are to give me an idea of what I might want to submit to the contest). After all, the prize is a thousand dollars, and the worst that could happen is I could be mocked across the amorphous lands of cyberspace as an amateur intellectual groupie. While that might hurt my feelings, I think it is a risk I am willing to take.

0 comments: