Subscribe to Computing Intelligence

Monday, May 31, 2010

Start of the Week Quotations

Last week I missed posting some quotations at the start of the week because it was a long weekend here in Canada and my whole sense of the week got thrown off... but no more excuses. Here are this week's installment of quotations:

"I got disappointed in human nature as well and gave it up because I found it too much like my own." - J. P. Donleavy, Irish-American novelist, 1926-

"You can tell the ideals of a nation by its advertisements." - Norman Douglas, Scottish-born novelist, 1868-1952

"You see, but you do not observe." - Arthur Conan Doyle, Scottish-born author, 1859-1930

"Thus when we fondly flatter our desires,
Our best conceits do prove the greatest liars."
- Michael Drayton, English poet, 1563-1631

0 comments: