Subscribe to Computing Intelligence

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Subject for this Sunday: Crazy Debunking Crazy

I just wanted to mention that the Church of Christ, Scientist is going to be presenting a sermon this Sunday with one of my favourite of their titles: Ancient and Modern Necromancy, alias Mesmerism and Hypnotism, Debunked. I believe that is the accurate and full title, but I might be mistaken since they haven't updated their website and I am having to try and remember this from glancing at the sign on my way to work this morning. I think it just begs the question, however, of whether it really counts as debunking something when you do so with ideas that are equally as ludicrous?

EDIT: The proper title is "Ancient and Modern Necromancy, alias Mesmerism and Hypnotism, Denounced".

2 comments:

Kari said...

That's pretty good, but I still prefer, "Was the Universe - Including Man - Evolved from Atomic Forces?"

I like it mostly because I have no idea if those crazy Christian Scientists would give it a yes or a no.

Mozglubov said...

That's true. My guess would be that the answer given on Sunday would be a no, just because I imagine they don't like the term evolution even obliquely applied to humans.